This year the special theme of OWASP AppSec Europe is: Usable Security. We ask for you to think about how security is affected by the human aspects of users, developers and administrators? How do we design, deploy and manage a security system so that it will be used consistently and properly? What lessons can we learn from past success (or not-exactly-success...) stories in which the human factor played a major role?
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
To ensure the best talks available are presented at AppSec Europe blind reading is being incorporated as part of their process. This means that names and job titles will be removed when the paper abstract is being reviewed. All speakers will be given access to speaker mentorship.
The submission deadline is January 5, 2018. Please submit your proposal through EasyChair and encourage those you want to learn from in hands on training sessions or 45 min. talks to apply as well.
Friday, November 17, 2017
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
OWASP also provided an additional incentive and had a OWASP Raffle for an APPSEC Ticket and Funding Initiative to award on lucky student for great work done.
Congratulations Sourav Badami !
Friday, November 10, 2017
The OWASP Foundation, 1200C Agora Drive #232, Bel Air, Maryland, 21014, USA
Thursday, October 19, 2017
Dear OWASP Community,
The NEW 2017 OWASP Board of Directors election has been opened. In order to ensure fair results, the previous vote tallies have been zeroed out for this totally NEW ELECTION. Whether or not you already voted, please take a few moments to cast your vote and help decide the future direction of OWASP!
If you are a member in good standing with voting privileges, you should receive an invitation to vote in the election by the end of the day today, 10/19/2017. If you do not receive an email, but believe you should have, or have any other issues related to the election, please email email@example.com.
The process behind the scenes for the past two days has been scrambling to ensure that the election is set up properly and doing a second review of the setup before re-opening.
Even as the election opens, OWASP Staff are working tirelessly to make sure that anyone who should be able to vote can. Unfortunately, this continues to be a highly manual process. The anticipated process and timeline is outlined below.
- 10/19 - open election
- 10/23 - send renewal email to members that expired who should be able to renew & vote
- 10/30 - close renewals related to voting (renew before 10/30 to vote in the election)
- 11/9 - close voting
- 11/13 - notify candidates
- 11/14 - share the results with the community
It is critically important that the community participate in this important election in which we will be choosing four new board members.
I apologize again for the inconvenience caused through this process. Thank you for your support and patience as we worked through these issues. As always, feel free to contact me or other leaders directly in addition to the address above if you have further questions or concerns.
OWASP Board Chair
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- A candidate was left off of the ballot.
- Some community members whose membership expired between June - October had one of two issues:
- Their memberships did not auto-renew
- They did not receive proper reminders that their membership was expiring and that they need to renew.
- Ensure that all candidates are properly listed.
- Re-open the election with a clean slate and reasonable time window to allow voting.
- Cross check the voter registration lists with the member lists and identify gaps.
- Address the gaps to ensure members can vote.
- Determine appropriate communication to folks that have already voted - then send that.
We will continue to update this page as the timeline and other details become clear.